Exercise to lower blood pressure

Patient

Q: What is a few good execices i can do to help lower my blood presure?

Doctor

A:   Many lifestyle modifications can help to reduce high blood pressure. It is recommended to increase aerobic activity (30-45 min most days of the week), as part of the treatment of high blood pressure. This aerobic activity may include a variety of activities such as; walking, jogging, cycling, swimming, basically any activity that raises your heart rate. The important factor is to do something that you enjoy, therefore you can incorporate it into your daily schedule. I would also recommend the DASH diet in addition to regular exercise, to reduce your overall blood pressure level.