Exercising with swollen ankle

Patient

Q: Can i exercise with a swollen ankle due to injury to the shin from exercising

Symptoms:  Swollen ankle with bruising and some pain to touch due to injury to the shin
Doctor

A:   Than you for your question. We do not advise this. Even though the initial injury was to the shin, you could possibly have sustained an injury to the ankle as well. This can range from a simple sprain, to torn ligaments or even a fracture. We strongly recommend that you seek medical evaluation of your ankle along with diagnostic imaging to determine the severity of your injury. Do not exercise or perform strenuous physical activity until you are evaluated by your doctor.

Thank you for consulting AskTheDoctor.com