Experiencing itchiness on my clitoris and urethra area

Q: I'm experiencing itchiness on my clitoris and urethra area. There are no bumps, wounds, or anything that I can see; Only a white discharge coming from my vagina. The other day, I bled for the first time during intercourse. I am also about to start my menstrual cycle. Is this an STD or dryness?

A:   It is most probable that you are suffering from bacterial vaginosis. This results from an abnormal overgrowth of bacteria in the vagina. There is an increased risk of bacterial vaginosis with repetitive douching, improper hygiene and with use of scented or harsh soaps and deodrants.
However since you are sexually active, I would suggest that you see your doctor for  examination of the discharge. Microscopy of the discharge may help determine the diagnosis. Medication such as metronidazole or clindamycin in the form of tablets or vaginal creams may be prescribed in the presence of infection.