Experiencing pain in my throat/esophagus.

Patient : I am having pain in what seems to be my esophagus. I am not experiencing heart burn or acid reflux. It feels like there is something stuck but I'm not having any problems swallowing or eating. It does hurt a bit in my chest when I drink fluids though. Several times an hour I get a pain that feels as if something is trying to go up or down but can't. What could this be?
Symptoms:  Chest and throat pain, like when you swallow right before burping
Doctor :   Hello, Thank you for your query at AskTheDoctor.com I understand your concern. Though you do not have the classical s ymptoms of GERD, still the feeling of a lump around the esophagus, a feeling of something stuck in the esophagus is commonly associated with mild esophageal inflammation probably secondary to reflux. You need to start Cap. Omeprazole 20 mg once daily for 2 weeks before breakfast. This will reduce the reflux and the ongoing inflammation. Also, avoid spicy food items, alcohol, and smoking. If the feeling still persists, you can get an endoscopy done to find out the exact cause. Hope this was helpful, Regards.