Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Expired medicine given

Expired medicine given

Patient: I gave nutrolin b powdered syrup for my son.after that I noticed it should be used within 10 days after reconstitution.But it was 1year over.is it dangerous.i am scarred

Symptoms: Na

Doctor: Thank you for writing to us.I do not think this would cause a long-term issue. The reason to use it as soon as possi ble would be that vitamin B is degraded quickly. This will cause it to be ineffective.I do not think that it can cause any infection as the infection caused by it would have shown up very early. If you want to be absolutely sure, you can talk to a Doctor or prepare the syrup again and get it tested for any problems.I hope this helps you.