Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Explain about my scan report

Explain about my scan report

Patient: Dear DoctorThis is my wife 17th week scan report. please explain me this is normal ?BPD – 38 / 17Week 5 days , HC 143 / 17W 4D, AC- 113 17W, FL 26 18W 3D, Fetal weight 200 {+or- 101gms} placenta – Posterior,upper and mid segment, grade i maturity , Liauour volume adequate. Cord vessels appear normal. Floating lie. Head in the lower pole. Fetal movements – good , Fetal survey shows no obvious anomalies/ please tell me this is normal

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query.The ultrasound report is absolutely normal and shows no anomalies and even the foetal growth is adequate as per the period of gestation. Placenta is higher and its a good sign, amniotic fluid is good. At present, there is no real concern for being worried.Wishing you a safe pregnancy.Regards