x
156 Physicians Online

Question:

Exposed to strep throat and now having symptoms.

Ii am a 43 year old female who was exsposed to strep throat and scarlet fever 2 weeks ago and I woke up with a sore throat this morning and am wondering if I should be concerned and seek medical treatment

Answer:

Typically the incubation period for a strep  throat and scarlet fever is about 7-14 days. Thus since you are experiencing these symptoms i would advice you to get checked up to rule out the same. You can also try some lozenges and some cough syrup along with warm salin gargles to soothe your throat. All the best.

Sign In to join in the conversation.

You’re in good hands, meet ATD’s founding physicians.

• Board Certified GP
  • CMO ATD Health Network Inc.
  • Adjunct Professor at U Of T

• Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
  • Director ATD Health Network Inc.
  • Fellowship Training Atlanta, GA