Exposure to benzocaine caused methemaglobinemia

Q: I suspect I may have allergic reaction or in other words poisoning to benzocaine when methemaglobine levels in blood increases. I started feeling symptoms such as mentioned below approximately after 6-7 hours from lubricant containing benzocaine getting in my mouth. When I asked my doctor to check for it he did not seem to understand what I was talking about and just gave me medicine from allergy (Tavegyl shot). I've read that vitamin C or methylene blue should be used to treat the condition. Can this condition pass on itself normally without taking any medicine or just by taking vitamin C pills? What exact tests should I ask my doctor to do to check methemaglobine levels in my blood?

Symptoms:  Shivering, dizziness, light-headed, blurry vision in right eye, loss of concentration, passing out, nausea, loss of appetite, fast heart0rate, shortness of breath, small fever (37.3 C).