Extra periods and spotting

Patient: Ive been having some concerns due to my cycle last month on the 1st-7th i had my normal cycle then on the 11th and 12th i spotted then the 15th -21st i had another full period and then this month i started on the 1st ended the 7th and on the 10th i started spotting and im still spotting now im unsure of whats been going on but its scaring me i have minor cramps in my ovaries every once in a while but nothing to serious i found out in January of last year i found out i had a cyst a little bigger then a golf ball on my right ovaries. i just want to know what is going on and if i should be concerned also im already anemic and this isn’t helping me.

Symptoms: Some minor cramping in my right lower tummy and near belly button

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query.Abnormal intermenstrual spotting and irregular cycles is suggestive of a cause may be i n the uterus like endometrial hyperplasia, polycystic ovaries, ovarian tumors or even hormonal disturbances like thyroid and pituitary related hormones.Kindly get yourself evaluated with an ultrasound, a pap smear and if needed an endometrial sampling to find out the cause and get it treated accordingly. Pregnancy to be ruled out too.Hope this helped.Regards