x
185 Physicians Online

Question:

Extreme Bloating After Abortion

About 3 months ago i had a surgical abortion. I never went back for my follow-up visit but since then i have had 2 periods and a negative pregnancy test. All of my pregnancy symptoms have gone away, but since then i have, what i'm assuming, been extremely bloated in my stomach and it just keeps getting worse as time goes on. I'm not even exactly sure that it is related to the abortion in any way but i really want to know what's possibly going on.

Answer:

Your time frame of symptoms suggest that this is likely a new issue as opposed to a complication of a procedure performed successfully 3 months ago.
Bloating is a common symptom.  Other important clues to aid in your diagnosis would be presence of pain, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, fever.  The pattern of bloating in relation to meals is important to know.  These symptoms, combined with knowledge of your past medical history and family history would aid your doctor when performing an exam to better come up with a diagnosis and treatment plan.
I suggest you see your doctor soon so that you may feel normal again.

Sign In to join in the conversation.

You’re in good hands, meet ATD’s founding physicians.

• Board Certified GP
  • CMO ATD Health Network Inc.
  • Adjunct Professor at U Of T

• Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
  • Director ATD Health Network Inc.
  • Fellowship Training Atlanta, GA