Extreme, Chronic Shoulder Muscle Pain

Q: About 5 years ago I was in a snowboarding accident and have been told that I experienced whiplash. For years after the accident I've been in a great deal of pain. I've tried physical therapy, massage therapy, acupuncture and chiropractic therapy - all of which failed. I've since been seeing a spine specialist who ran an MRI and diagnosed my symptoms as simply whiplash - a few bulging disks. Treatment - prescription medications and traction. I've been doing that for almost a full year now and am in horrible pain still. Granted the medication does help with the nausea as a result of the pain, but my shoulder and lower neck continues to give me increasing problems...so much so that I'm finding it difficult to work. I need another diagnosis - all of this shoulder pain can't possibly just be from the whiplash.

Symptoms:  Extreme muscle tightness and pain in left shoulder, left should blade in back, left side of neck, left side of jaw, left rotator cuff and occasional left bicep. Headaches. Nausea. Fatigue. Irritability.