Extreme Lower Back Pain Including Feet And Legs With Cramping Tenderness And Tingling

Q: I've got lower back pain which is also very tender and painful to the touch. It goes down through both legs and into my feet. I've got pain, numbness and tingling in my legs and feet. I've got a tendency towards leg and feet cramps, too. My lower back is in excrutiating pain whenever I walk for any period or do simple household chores. My legs are in severe pain when I walk any distance. I get twitching in my legs from restlessness and have many problems sleeping. Between the pain, numbness and tingling, I'm miserable. I hurt all over especially from the waist down and it is very painful close to my lower spinal area with it being painful to touch or rub. I've got one kidney from a surgery to remove the other which was diseased and gave birth back in March 1985. I've had my tonsils out. Our family has a history of diabetes and heart issues. Also, my feet and legs have a tendency towards edema. Our family has a history of that, too especially my sisters. We also have arthritis as well. I am 48, married and 6 feet tall weighing about 230 pounds. I don't smoke and only drink rarely. I eat sort of healthily. I take Crampex for my leg and feet cramps, Nytol(50mg) to help me sleep and Ibuprofen 220mg for pain. I am currently not on my period. It ended just a day ago. I'm also not secually active due to my pain issues and fear of cramping severely.