Extreme pain in knee

Patient : Hello. I hurt something in my knee two days ago. Wondering what it was and how to fix it. I ama competitive curler and that's how I hurt it. It feels like it is a muscle that extends from the knee up about 5 inches and down just a bit. It hurts to do anything with weight on it like standing, walking, and running.after anything that makes it hurt a bit it stays in extreme pain for the next 8 or so hours. I also find taking 3 Advil makes the pain bearable for approximately 3 hours. Thank you
Symptoms:  Pain around knee going up around 6 inches and down just a bit. Difficult to walk on or even stand because of pain.