Extreme Pain Urinating

Patient

Q: This morning at 3AM I was admitted to the ER with acute bladder pain. I mean 10/10 on the pain scale. I was cathed, and they got a small amount of urine (10ml), after which they Ultrasounded my bladder and found no urine. They ran a kidney function tests, the results came up negative. I was given morphine while there, 2 liters of fluids at a high speed grip, and pyridium.

I was able to go once before I left, another small amount that had me almost cry in the bathroom it hurt so badly (This was post morphine), and was helped back to bed. After another bag of fluids, the doctor who was really sweet sent me home with a small 12 pill hydrocodone script and pyridium. They also gave me the treatment for Ghono..2 stds, whcih they didn't have enough urine to test for and she said the treatment was fast and easy and could help. (I haven't been sexually active in 6 months in the interest of full disclosure)

I was told if I was still retaining after 6 hours to immediately return. All day I've drank cranberry juice (a gallon) and water (probably a half gallon).

I have been able to urinate various small amounts, but the pain is still a 7 normally and can shoot up to a 10. I was wondering if I should try to tough it out to see a urologist in a week or so, or if I should go back when my doctor is back on shift tonight?

In the interest of full disclosure, I am male to female, on hormones, and I have taken about double the amount of pain pills and pyridium that I should have to try and make the pain stop. I just don't know if I should wait, or go back. I don't want to waste someone's time.

Symptoms:  Symptoms: Pain Urinating
Doctor