Extreme vaginal pain when attempting sexual intercourse?

Patient

Q: Hi. I'm 17 and i lost my virginity to my boyfriend a few months ago. The first time was extremely painful, so we stopped and decided to try again a few days later. The second and third time were great, and I experienced little/ no pain at all. Then I got my period, so we had to wait a week or so until we could try again. When we tried to do it for the fourth time, I experienced extreme pain, almost like I was losing my virginity again. We have tried a few times since then but have given up due to the amount of pain and difficulty this causes. I really want to be able to build a good sex life with my boyfriend and was wondering if there are any tips you could give us on how to make sex less painful?

Symptoms:  Extreme vaginal pain whilst attempting intercourse
Doctor