Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Ey in I been trying to have a baby for like 2

Ey in I been trying to have a baby for like 2

Patient: Hey in I been trying to have a baby for like 2 years now I went to doctor in she told me everything was okk I had 2 miss caring last year in I wonder why I won’t a baby so can you help me please

Doctor: Hi,Thanks for the query.I understand your concern.If couple who are fertile once (with previous miscarriage), not able to conceive again for one year with regular unprotected intercourse history, that is called secondary infertility.The possible causes of secondary infertility are gonadal hormonal imbalance which can cause irregular menstrual cycles, anovulation etc, fallopian tubal block, uterine causes like endometrial abnormalities, fibroids, adhesions etc, thyroid hormonal or prolactin level abnormalities giving rise to irregular periods etc.Male factors can also lead to secondary infertility like abnormal seminal parameters like low sperm count, decreased motility etc, genital abnormalities like varicocele, ejaculatory duct obstruction etc.By examination and by investigations like ultrasound, hysterosalpingography, gonadal hormonal analysis, thyroid profile, prolactin levels estimation for female partner and by physical examination and semen analysis for male partner the possible cause of the problem can be identified and treated.Recurrent miscarriages can occur due to different causes like chromosomal abnormalities, cervical incompetence etc.So, this time after you conceive better to be careful from begging and continue with regular antenatal checkups and ultrasound examinations.Take care