Eyes are puffy, red, and itchy do you think this is an allergy or reaction?

Q: My question to you is, My eyes have been really dry and itchy over the week they have become very red and look rough. When I get up in the morning they are puffy however this fades throughout the day. It makes it very hard to sleep at night because they are itchy and watery. Please help me do you think this is a reaction to something because I haven't used anything different on my eyes (I don't think!) or do you think it could just be allergies?

Thank you for your help and advice.