Factor Five Leiden Deficiency vs taking hormones...what are the risks

Q: I had a hysterectomy in 2000 at the age of 40 for fibroids and pelvic pain. A few years after that I was diagnosed with Factor Five Leiden Deficiency from one parent. I was immediately taken off hormones. I have never had a clot and don't know if I am just a carrier or if down the road I could have a clot out of the blue. I guess what my question to you would be can you take hormones with Factor Five. I have heard rumors that you can use a patch of some sort now. What would be the difference in using or taking hormones and if I'd kept my ovaries?