Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Failure to get pregnant

Failure to get pregnant

Patient: Hello, my name is loveth, I have been trying to get pregnant for awhile now but it’s not working out well, I have been having this pains in my stomach and I sometimes missed my period for 4 months please I want to know hat is wrong with me.

Symptoms: Discharge in the Virginia

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query.Looks like you seem to be having the problem of irregular cycles with vaginitis.The cau ses could be pelvic inflammatory diseases, vaginitis, polycystic ovaries, thyroid and prolactin hormone dysfunction, stress, abnormal ovarian function, adenomyosis, etc.It is advisable to get yourself evaluated by a Gynecologist. You may need to undergo blood and urine test, hormone tests, liver and renal function and an ultrasound. Also, your partner may need an evaluation for infertility. Your cycles need to be regularized first and this will regularize the chances of ovulation and then only we may expect a pregnancy. Hence, get yourself treated for the underlying cause and then for infertility later.Hope this helped.Wish you a speedy pregnancy.Good luck.