Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Faint Pregnancy Test Line

Faint Pregnancy Test Line

Patient: Could I be pregnant? My husband and I have been trying to conceive a child. I took a pregnancy test and it came out positive. We’ll one of the lines on the test was very faint. I don’t have any symptoms. I’m not tired, hungry or moody. My period is only 4 days late but I have irregular periods sometimes. For the past 4 months I have been getting them regularly thou.

Symptoms: No symptoms at all!

Doctor: HiThanks for the query.When a pregnancy test is faintly positive, we cannot conclude that there is no pregnancy. The re is a chance of pregnancy , but we need to confirm the same by further testing you.Some women do not experience the usual pregnancy symptoms , some may experience them a little later even, Since your cycle has been delayed and a faint line in your pregnancy test, I still have a positive hope that you could be pregnant.Kindly see a gynecologist to confirm the same .In case it is negative, do not lose hope, keep trying and get your irregular cycles treated accordingly .Wish you a successful conceptionRegards