False Positive drug test for cocaine

Patient : Are ther any medications that would effect the outcome of a drug test. I have never taken any illegal drugs and i take many random drug tests for work and my last tese was positive for cocain and i am wondering if any of the many medications i take can effect the test.thankyou
Doctor :   If done correctly, drug testing for cocaine is pretty accurate. Most drug tests that check for cocaine look for benzoyle cgonine, a product of the body's metabolism of the drug. That said, some medications and medical conditions can sometimes trigger a false positive for cocaine. These include: Amoxicillin Topical anesthetics derived from cocaine (does not include lidocaine or novocaine) Liver disease Kidney disease Diabetes I would suggest that you speak to your doctor if you are suffering from any of the above mentioned issues.

Guest: If you know you haven't done anything, if you have never come up positive before, I would make a big fuss about it and demand a new test right then and there, it is very unlikely you come up falsely positive twice.