False positive pregnancy tests

Patient : My period is 7 days late and I just got a positive result from a pregnancy test. I read that some of my medications can cause a false positive. How long after taking hydroxizine can you be sure a test is correct. I have not taken it since yesterday.
Symptoms:  Missed period, positive test, no other symptoms
Doctor :   Hello, thanks for contacting askthedoctor.com The medicine used by you has no effect on the beta hcg levels and the anti-hcg antibodies on the kit. So as after 7 days of missed period , which is the right time to test for pregnancy , if the test is positive then it is likely that you are pregnant. However you may repeat the test again after 2 days with the early morning urine sample to be doubly sure. I hope i have answered your query. wishing you safe pregnancy, regards