Family doctor suggestions that would give solution

Patient

Q: What best remedy overcounter medicine or see doctor

Symptoms:  Sore throat, headache, chills, body aches, slight cough, no fever
Doctor

A:   Thank you for your question. Based on your symptom profile, you may have contracted a viral or bacterial infection. This could be responsible for your sore throat (pharyngitis) and associated systemic illness. Usually these types of infections resolve in about a week without any treatment. To assist in the treatment of your symptoms you can use oral analgesic medications such as acetaminophen (provided you are not allergic) to alleviate your pain. There are several sore throat lozenges, and medications available over the counter which can help with your sore throat as well. Another helpful remedy is gargling with warm salted water. This at first may be a little painful, but after the process of gargling, a soothing sensation is produced, which can assist you in coping with your sore throat. Should these symptoms get worse, over the next 48-72 hours, please seek medical attention to determine if you require prescription antibiotics or antiviral medication. Please be guided accordingly.

Thank you for consulting AskTheDoctor.com