Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Fast and effective treatment of Acne Scars

Fast and effective treatment of Acne Scars

Patient: I have acne scaring on my on my back, chest,and arms. Is there any way to get rid of them fast, and efficiently?

Doctor: Mild scarring may improve with topical creams and medications, but large scars may require surgical or a combination of treatment for its removal. Once scars develop, it becomes more difficult to get rid of them as fast and efficiently as compared to acne. You may consult a dermatologist for an opinion and treatment options available in your case. However, it would be a time consuming process and overall results may vary.