Fat belly, slim frame.

Patient : Im 36, male, 6ft 1in, 12 stone (76 kg). I have recently started gaining a lot of weight, ive always had a thin slim frame, I smoke and drink but have a reasonable diet as im a chef. my question and problem is, all the weight seems to be going in one location. my stomach, no where else, my arms and legs are skinny but my belly is huge!!! could there be a problem?
Symptoms:  stomach ache and size.
Doctor :   Thank you for your question. Fat distribution is largely genetically predetermined, and it may be your natural body habi tus to store fat in your abdominal region. The best way to loose belly fat by starting a gradual and systematic diet and exercise plan designed to reduce your total body fat. This may be a challenge as you are not overweight at all. So plan must be directed to reducing body fat primarily. You need to follow a strict diet, reducing processed foods, refined sugar, while ensuring that you are able to get your daily macro and micro nutrients. As far as problems are concerned, if you are not experiencing any symptoms of pain, abnormal bowel movements or indigestion, then excessive belly fat is benign phenomenon. Thank you for choosing Askthedoctor.com