Fatty Hump at the Back of the Neck

Patient : My little sister and I were wondering what this fatty lump at the back of her neck is. I've researched and its called a "buffalo hump"? And I was wondering why this formed. She's only 15 but she doesn't have very good posture, and she isn't obese, but she's not average. She's somewhere in bewteen. I was wondering how she could get rid of this without surgery
Doctor :   Medications, lipoma, sebaceous cyst, Cushing's disease etc. The fatty lump is actually a symptom of an underying conditi on, and treating the underlying condition will be the key to getting rid of the lump.  You should consult your family doctor immediately for proper diagnosis and treatment. While a fatty lump at the back of the neck is possibly a Buffalo hump, it possible that the lump is due to other conditions such as  kyphosisis, extended use of steroids or antiviral medications, lipoma, sebaceous cyst, Cushing's disease etc. The fatty lump is actually a symptom of an underying condition, and treating the underlying condition will be the key to getting rid of the lump.  You should consult your family doctor immediately for proper diagnosis and treatment.