Feeling Cold after having glycomet 500mg.

Patient : My grandfather is 70 years old and he is diabetic.He takes glycomet 500 mg for the same.He is feeling cold and shivering after having the medicine.Is it because o the same?
Symptoms:  COld,shivering
Doctor :   Hi, Welcome to Ask The Doctor. Glycomet has the active ingredient Metformin. Metformin is a sulfonyl derivative. M etformin has a side effect of feeling numb and cold in your legs. However, if the cold and numbness is severe, please consult your Doctor to change the medication to one which has fewer side effects.