Feeling depressed and victim of impartiality.

Q: I feel i am going in depression. i always feel bad and felt like a looser. i have a business and didn't get results as i expected. i also have a very good friend and i know she cares about me a lot and she is also my business partner. but i think she lied to me. i am very sensitive person i cant withstand that she lied to me. i felt my seniors are impartial to me. whole day and night these thoughts are coming in my mind. i am not able to sleep last night. i also have dream of i had been cheated. though i know she cares for me a lot and it must be some reason that she lied but i cant tolerate it. I also quite care for her she is my best friend and i cant make her to accept her that she lied to me. i cant see her in embarrassing situation and that's why cant ask her straightly. but when ever i talk to her all thoughts came in my mind. i fear it could break our relationship. i don't know what to do... 24/7 i am in dilemma how to handle this. moreover i had an emotional connection with my business target. i wanna achieve it any how and i have definite feeling that seniors were impartial to me and they lied to me and i got short of my this months target by very small margin. and i know that i have worked quite better than others specially her but due to some technicality i am not getting results. she also says that my personal efforts are quite good but due to a bad team i am not getting results while her personal efforts are on par with me but coz of gr8 team effort she is achieving her target. i am in her team, we work in most reputed MLM firm.
plz tell me what i should do now.

Symptoms:  Sleepless nights, always getting thoughts of failure and being cheated, not able to enjoy happy times with family also due to this.

A:   Hello
Thanks for using "Ask The Doctor" for posting your query.

The symptoms that you have mentioned suggest that you could be having a depression. The mood swings that you are describing are occurring due to an imbalance of neurotransmitters in the brain. The neurotransmitters like serotonin, norepinephrine, and dopamine. This condition can be corrected with the help of medicines such as fluoxetine, mirtazapine or venlafaxine. These medicines start showing improvement in 2-3 weeks and the illness requires a treatment of 6-8 months. During this period, try to do regular exercise and eat healthy food and try inculcating some hobby. If you averse to medicines, then cognitive behavioural therapy can help you in the treatment of depression. This is a specialized counselling technique mastered by clinical Psychologists and is almost as effective as medicine.
You may meet your Doctor and get these medicines prescribed, or you can request for a Psychologist consult.
Do meet your Doctor.

Hope this helps.
Wish you a good health.