Feeling down and miserable

Patient: Hello for a very long time now I have been feeling really down and miserable. I have lost interest in the things I just to enjoy. I am having trouble sleeping at night wake up in cold sweats toss and turn all night. I work with children and have no stress at work. I have just recently moved out of home and I am not coping very well. I also find myself worrying about things. I also find myself worrying about things I wish I had done differently. I have a good family and they have said I can move back home but I am 29- I have wanted a place for long time and thought I was ready I don’t know why I’m not copping. I also been sick a lot I wake up with upset stomach and always feel like I won’t to be sick. I find myself getting grumpy easy and Start to cry. My parents know I am down I am going to the doctors this week but wanted to see what you thought first. Sorry it’s a long message I just want to give you all information.

Doctor: Hello,Thank you for your medical query at AskTheDoctor.comI understand your concern.You have been having cold swea ts every night, and you have lost in things. This could be due to borderline depression. When did this start? Did anything happen recently which led you to be stressed?Has there been a recent change in diet? You also have upset stomachs. So you could be suffering from a stomach bug.The fact that you feel grumpy could be due to the lack of sleep and crying again points to borderline depression.You need to talk to a psychiatrist who can assess the level of depression and suggest some good anxiolytic-like Alprazolam or Diazepam for short-term use. It does not seem like a long-term problem, so if the temporary issues are fixed, you will feel better. The dose can be fixed on your body weight. I will also advise detailed evaluation like CBC with ESR, FBS/PPBS, LFT, RFT, Serum Electrolytes, Urine Routine. If the results are normal, there is nothing to worry about.Hope this was helpful,Feel free to discuss further,Regards.