Feeling helpless, restless, unhappy, Useless,

Patient: Hi, I am feeling restless, demotivated, hopeless, unhappy from last 1.5 year. I feel like I am nothing, I feel helpless, Useless. Are these depression symptoms ? I decided to take “Fludac” medicine but I am concerned about the side effects. Does this medicine effect the pregnancy?

Symptoms: Sad, restless, unhappy, helpless, Useless, Worthless, want to go far from this world

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for your question on “Ask The Doctor”.I understand your problem. I will advise you to cool down and be patient. Your problems are not that serious as they appear. Your symptoms are temporary and you are going to be completely alright.If is not uncommon to have clinical depression during pregnancy, about 33% pregnant women experience depression.It is always better to show to qualified psychiatrist and then only take medicines. Fludac is not safe and not recommended for pregnant women. Psychological counselling will be much helpful.Please see your doctor soon.Wish you a good health.