Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Feeling ill on the pill, should I stop mid cycle?

Feeling ill on the pill, should I stop mid cycle?

Patient: I am currently on the pill but have been feeling very nauseated and dizzy. I am one day into a new pack. Should I stop taking the pill or wait till the end of the pack?

Doctor: Thank you for your query.Generally birth control pills are often associated with certain amount of side effect which d oes subside over a period of time of using them. But if the pill is causing a lot of discomfort then it is advisable to see your health care provider who suggested the medication for you, such that he could change the medication to a comfortable one which is suitable for you. Since you are only one day on the pill it should not make a difference to change the pill under medical supervision.Hope that answers your query. Have a good day.