Feeling Sick, Pregnancy test negative

Patient

Q: I have been sick and feeling sick for a while i have a pregnancy test as i have also missed a period but it was negative

Doctor

A:   Pregnancy tests are fairly accurate in detecting pregnancy if done properly. The best time to take them is after a week or more of a missed period. They measure the level of beta hcg in the urine to give you a positive or negative response. The test is best done early morning. I would advice you to retake the pregnancy test to see whether it has changed as the days have passed. All the best.