x
195 Physicians Online

Question:

Feeling Sick, Pregnancy test negative

I have been sick and feeling sick for a while i have a pregnancy test as i have also missed a period but it was negative

Answer:

Pregnancy tests are fairly accurate in detecting pregnancy if done properly. The best time to take them is after a week or more of a missed period. They measure the level of beta hcg in the urine to give you a positive or negative response. The test is best done early morning. I would advice you to retake the pregnancy test to see whether it has changed as the days have passed. All the best.

Have a Question? Ask The Doctor Here.

Sign In to join in the conversation.

You’re in good hands, meet ATD’s founding physicians.

• Board Certified GP
  • CMO ATD Health Network Inc.
  • Adjunct Professor at U Of T

• Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
  • Director ATD Health Network Inc.
  • Fellowship Training Atlanta, GA