x
165 Physicians Online

Question:

Feeling Sick, Pregnancy test negative

I have been sick and feeling sick for a while i have a pregnancy test as i have also missed a period but it was negative

Answer:

Pregnancy tests are fairly accurate in detecting pregnancy if done properly. The best time to take them is after a week or more of a missed period. They measure the level of beta hcg in the urine to give you a positive or negative response. The test is best done early morning. I would advice you to retake the pregnancy test to see whether it has changed as the days have passed. All the best.

Sign In to join in the conversation.

You’re in good hands, meet ATD’s founding physicians.

• Board Certified GP
  • CMO ATD Health Network Inc.
  • Adjunct Professor at U Of T

• Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
  • Director ATD Health Network Inc.
  • Fellowship Training Atlanta, GA