Feeling Very ill from Somthing for weeks


Q: If I have a carbon Monoxide leak on stove . Can I only be the one feeling sick only and Not my Husband or would we both have same symptoms?

Symptoms:  Been feeling light headed and Sick like sinuses and Stomach upset and just don't feel myself for weeks

A:   Hello,
Thanks for choosing "Ask The Doctor" for posting your query.
I have gone through your question in detail and I can understand what you are going through.
Carbon monoxide will cause light headedness with fatigue. Whoever gets exposed to carbon monoxide for sufficient period of time, will have some or other symptoms. If the exposure time has been the same for you and your husband, then your husband should not generally be symptom free. If he is fine, then probably carbon monoxide is not the problem. However if the exposure time of you and your husband is different, with you getting exposed for a longer period of time, then it is likely that you maybe having symptoms with your husband being alright.
Hope I am able to answer your concerns.
If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you in future.

Wish you good health!

Related Q&A

Q: Hi, I recently had more depression and went into insomnia, i consulted a doctor and he adviced me for a blood test. ...

Q: Hi.. So I been extemely sick from stopping Celexa 40 mg cold turkey. I started to get exteme panic attack which send ...

Q: I have been taking the anti depressant drug citalopram for a couple of months now but haven't been feeling myself on ...

Q: I therapeutically take Xanax for anxiety and depression. Recently I ingested roughly 30mg on Xanax and the typical th...

Q: I am feeling very depressed because of the way I am being treated at work. I want to go on a medical leave of absence.


Dr. James Obaji M.D.

  • 247 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Suneel Sharman M.D.

  • 190 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Pat Golden M.D.

  • 169 Reviews
  • Cardiologist

Dr. Kunaal Jindal M.D.

  • 112 Reviews
  • Plastic Surgeon