Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Feels like a UTI, but no bacteria present in urine

Feels like a UTI, but no bacteria present in urine

Patient: I am a 21 year old female, who is type-1 diabetic. I have been experiencing a lot of urinary problems over the past two months. I feel like I have a uti, but I never show any bacteria in my urine. My symptoms are typically frequency and urgency. Sometimes i can’t make it to the bathroom. There is also times where I feel like I can’t leave the bathroom because I feel the urge to go again. I use Azo to treat the feeling, which sometimes works. I was in a car accident in march of last year and suffered from 3 fractures of the pelvis and a pars fracture of my L5 vertebrae. I am still in a lot of pain and am having issues with some nerves in my spine and around my pelvis. Could this be nerve related? Who should I talk to about this?

Symptoms: Urinary frequency, urinary urgency, urinary leaking

Doctor: Hi.Thanks for your query and an elucidate history.I can understand the plight you must be going through for the la st 2 months due to frequency and urgency of urination.The causes can be:- Type I diabetes not under control or too much of sugar in the urine can give similar symptoms.- you have a history of an accident and fracture of the pelvic bone and L5. Disruption of the nerves supplying the urinary bladder can give rise to the similar symptoms.You should consult a team of specialists like a Neurosurgeon, Urologist and an Endocrinologist to undergo proper clinical evaluation, physical examination to decide the cause and plan a treatment accordingly if you want the proper results.I hope this answer helps you.