Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Feels like I have restricted breathing, a cough clears it

Feels like I have restricted breathing, a cough clears it

Patient: Feels like I have restricted breathing, a cough clears it for a few minutes, otherwise no symptoms that I can tell.

Symptoms: Cough slightly restricted breathing

Doctor: HelloWelcome to Ask The Doctor. We are here to help you.You seem to be suffering Allergic cough or Acute Bronchiti s.I would advise in such scenario to get Hemogram with ESR, ECG, Chest Xray.If the Chest Xray and these blood investigations show no sign of infection then, you would be treated for Allergic cough. Initially you would be treated with a combination of Levocetirizine and Montelukast. But your doctor will examine your chest for any wheezes/spasm. In such scenario, your doctor would prescribe you inhalers containing bronchi dilators like Salbutamol. You might also require short dose of Steroid inhaler like Budesonide.Share my opinion with your doctor before acting upon it.I hope it helps.Stay Healthy