Feet and ankles swelling up like footballs

Patient : My ankles and just below my knees are swelling up. I had gastric bypass surgery 8 weeks ago. What could this be?
Doctor :   You could be having any of the following conditions: rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, septic joint, gout, pseudo go ut, etc.If the swelling is in your shin area or around the ankle is it called edema and could be due to medication or involvement of the heart. You need to see you family physician for an indepth analysis and physical examination of the involved joints along with a possible xray of these joints and an ECG which will help understand what is causing the same.All the best.