Feet calluses/corn: Management

Patient

Q: Hi, my name is fabiola and my mom has been having a problem for maybe a year now. She's been having something like corns feet on the bottom of the foot but its something thats really big and hard sometimes it hurts to walk. Shes been putting the stuff that you get over the counter some patches that help in a way but then it come sback again is there something that we can do to make it go away for good?

Doctor

A:   The condition which you are describing is usually due to wearing ill fitting shoes. This occurs due to local inflammation of the skin of that area leading to thickened and painful skin and corn/callus  formation. over the counter medications which are a mix of certain acids can be used to heal the corn. However some time surgery may be needed to completely remove that area.Also try to wear better fitting shoes as that will help decrease the pain. All the best.