Feet leave reddish orange stains

Patient

Q: I have an odd situation and question... The inside of my socks, inside of my slippers, and the traffic areas on my beige carpets have reddish stains from my feet. I am a heavy walker (both in weight and amount walked), and as I understand it, lots of walking can result in the compression of red blood cells in the feet. But can these blood cells seep through the soles of your feet or be present in your sweat? I occasionally see the stains on the outside or top of my socks after walking, but the bulk of them are on the inside of the socks under my feet. I have been told in the past that I have a very high RBC count, and one MD even suggested I might have polycythemia. Is there anything I should be concerned about with this?

Symptoms:  reddish orange stains inside socks, slippers, and on carpets where I walk often.
Doctor