Feet pain for years: possible flat feet?

Patient

Q: My feet upto the legs are in pain for a long time maybe more than 10 years when I was still in elementary or hs. Is it arthritis? but I can walk normally, it is just that getting tired easily.the round bone below the inner ankle bone is also aching.

Doctor

A:    One of the most common cause of foot pain in your age group is the Flat Feet. The most important aspect of treatment is determining the exact type or underlying cause of flat feet that you may have by a clinical examination and special imaging studies (x-rays, CT, and/or MRI). Conservative treatment is effective in the majority of flat feet cases, and consists of treatments such as orthotics, shoe recommendations, anti-inflammatory measures and special strengthening exercises. Surgery is rarely required, and is reserved only for the most severe types of flat foot that do not respond to conservative therapy. Acquired flat foot, develops over time, rather than at birth and is likely to cause pain and other symptoms including the development of arthritis in the feet. Many different factors can contribute to the development of flat feet. These include a child's sitting or sleeping positions, compensation for other abnormalities further up the leg, or more severe factors such as rupture of ligaments or tendons in the foot. A common cause for flat feet is that the foot is compensating for a tight Achilles tendon. If the Achilles tendon is tight, then it causes the foot flatten. The most common acquired flat foot in adults is due to Posterior Tibial Tendon Dysfunction. I strongly recommend you to get an appointment with an Orthopedic Surgeon and have a comprehensive evaluation, physical exam and imaging tests to assess the functional repercussion of your “flat feet” and from there decide the best treatment option for your case.