Femail hairloss, hrt, dark nails dpression

Q: I am asking on behalf of my lovely wife. She went through a hysterectomy about 6 years ago, (left ovaries) and was on some hrt for the last 5 years. She has since been off hrt for about 4 months, and is experiancing extreme hair loss, over 1,000 every shampoo.
She is very distressed ask you can imagine. She also has hot flashes, and some nigh sweats.
These are expected, as her gp told her, but its very severe.
he agreed to put her back on hrt. a few weeks ago, and it has solved a little of the flashes, but little else.
She also requested a thyroid test, and other checks, but they all come back in "normal range".
Last night she noticed her toe nails, darkening. Which is weird, she has tried lots of healthy vitamins, b.d3, uses her nutra bullet daily, eats only healthy stuff, and is trying very hard to find answers.
She is off to see her gp again on tues. and I wish we knew what questions to ask.

Please help her, she is a beautiful loving person, who is heading down hill in depression every day.
I am very worried for her !!

Symptoms:  Hair loss dark toenails, sweats, hot flashes, depression