Female check up

Patient: My 28 year old daughter had blood work done and revealed very high levels of Testrastone. what does that mean?

Doctor: I realize how worried you are about your daughter’s recent abnormal labs. Let me reassure you that Testosterone is norma mally found in women as estrogen is also found in men.When Testosterone is abnormally high in women, this is commonly caused by hormonal imbalances that can happen at any age, and often sneak up gradually, with the 30s being the predominant time for things to get worse.I would suggest your daughter to follow up with a Gynecologist since many ovarian related conditions, the most common one being Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome might be the cause. Other conditions such as diabetes and adrenal gland disorders or diet changes and recent weight gain or loss might alter the hormones as well. I wish her the best.