Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Female hair loss worrying me

Female hair loss worrying me

Patient: HiI am female and have very thin hair. My hair is really thinning and I have areas of bold patches please help

Symptoms: Hair loss

Doctor: Thank you for contacting ask the doctor.Hairless can be very depressing especially for a female. I am sorry for your suffering. Hair loss could mean an underlying condition which when medically addressed can stop the hair loss. There is a possibility of a thyroid imbalance which could lead to hair thinning as well as hair fall.There is also a possibility of a heridetary cause of the hair loss.You can cosmetically cure yourself from the embarrassment of bald patches by going for hair transplant surgeries.I recommend a visit to a physician who would be able to diagnose if there is Any underlying medical condition present responsible for your hair loss. He may also guide you through the hair transplant surgery.Hope this information was useful.