Female with depression symptoms and no insurance

Q: I'm am trying to get help for my girlfriend. She does not have insurance or a steady income but she has not been feeling well for quite some time. She is always tired, doesn't want to get out of bed, complains of constant headaches and pains in her abdomen. On top of that she has a couple of chipped teeth.

Added to all of this, she is a recovering alcoholic and was also addicted to A.D.D. meds. She is 13 months sober but going down hill.

How can I get her some inexpensive help?

Symptoms:  Depression, Anxiety, headaches, tooth aches, abdominal pain

A:   Hi.
Thanks for your query for your girlfriend.
Noted the history of her symptoms related to being always tired, doesn't want to get out of bed, complains of constant headaches and pains in her abdomen. On top of that she has a couple of chipped teeth.
Also noted the history related to the addiction, recovering alcoholic.
You would like to know the inexpensive help.

Since you have mentioned the basic problem of depression, anxiety and related symptoms the first help can be provided from you by supporting her mentally, helping her to come out of the situation by getting her involved into some activity as the empty mind works as devil.
It is possible that her getting engaged into any activity can help better than the medicines.
I hope you would accept this very important point. If the friends and family members support such a person, most of them rarely need any medical assistance.

If this effort does not really pay off well, it is possible that she will need medical assistance and you can certainly get such assistance at a nearby community health center even in your country.
She will get a clinical evaluation, examination, investigations to rule out any medical disease that might have caused this and if all the reports etc are normal, it is possible to get a counselling and medicines for her.

I hope this answer helps you and your friend to come out of the situation as early as possible so that she starts on her social activities, obligations, may be be working and definitely getting better.
If there is a will there is a way.

Wishing all the best.