Femoroacetabular Impingement verses a hip subluxation

Q: Is there a difference in treatment for a hip subluxation verses a hip impingement? If someone is treated for a hip impingement but really have a subluxation is that a problem?

Symptoms:  Hip popping, burning pain in front and rear of pelvis, limp, spasms in and around the hip area. I have had two surgeries to repair my labrum and cartilage but I continue to be in pain. My doctor stated that it is a FAI but when I was injured the last two times I believe that my hip slipped out the back of the socket.