Fertility

Patient

Q: So Basicly,I`ve never done this before but im really keen for answers as i`m too scared to go to my local GP. i`m desperate to know wether or not i can have children in the future. I would like to know if there are any test`s i can buy or some sort of confirmation for my future ? I am a female

Doctor

A:   I understand your concern about fertility. You seem very young and the probabilities of not being able to become pregnant are very unlikely.
If you are having your regular menses every month, this could be considered a sign of fertility, very month your ovaries release one or two eggs, and when there is no fertilization by a sperm, you will lose your egg in a process called menstruation.
However if you feel like you want to confirm this, there is on the market a test would tell you if your ovaries are being stimulated and therefore releasing fertile eggs. You could ask for it on your local drugstore and buy it over the counter. I wish you the best.