Fertility and Clomid

Patient: I started taking 100mg clomid but I stopped after the 3rd day. Can I still get pregnant?

Doctor: Hi.Thanks for your query.Quite a rare question, This is very uncommon that someone takes Clomid only for 3 days an d waits for the results.Anyways, you have taken 100 mg; and the normal dosage prescribed is 50 mg per day for 5 days, it is likely that you still may ovulate and have pregnancy.But, take care to take this for 5 days in next cycles.About 70 per cent of women will ovulate in response to a fairly low dose (25-50) of clomifene citrate. Of those who ovulate, about 40 percent will become pregnant.Other factors that can affect the pregnancy rate include:the time in your cycle that you have sexyour age and weightthe count, shape, speed and motility (ability to move) of your partner’s spermAbout 70 per cent of women will ovulate in response to a fairly low dose of clomifene citrate. Of those who ovulate, about 40 percent will become pregnant.Other factors that can affect the pregnancy rate include:• the time in your cycle that you have sex• your age and weight• the count, shape, speed and motility (ability to move) of your partner’s sperm.Well, on a safe side consult your Gynecologist.Hope this helps.