Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Fertilization before a menstrual cycle

Fertilization before a menstrual cycle

Patient: Is it possible to get pregnant a few days before your period and still get your period?

Symptoms: Pregnant

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for trusting ATD about your health care.I can understand your concerns.The chances of pregnancy is a lmost nil before your period date because these are the safe days( less fertile days) after post ovulation.If you get your menses after sex and your period was normal then there is no chance of pregnancy because there is no endometrial tissue present( slaughter out during period) to implant fertilized egg.Hope it is useful, feel free to discuss more.Good luckRegards

Patient: My period was a week early does that make a difference? It seemed like a normal period.

Doctor: Hi,
No it does not make any difference if your period flow was normal.
Good luck.