Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Fetal like movement sensation.

Fetal like movement sensation.

Patient: I have been experiencing fetal like movement in my stomach and have numerous blood and urine tests negative.ultrasound , transvaginal ultrasound, pelvic exam and they saw nothing. What is this I’m scared

Symptoms: Constipated , pelvic pain, movement in stomach

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for contacting askthedoctor.comIf your pregnancy tests and ultrasound are negative, then for sure pr egnancy is ruled out. Sometimes in thin women, the gastrointestinal peristalsis may be felt or even seen sometimes per abdominal when they experience bloating especially during the premenstrual phase or when they have infections like gastroenteritis.As i believe you have been on gastrointestinal medications, this is peristaltic wave of intestines which is causing this feeling of movements inside your abdomen.I hope i have answered your query in detail,wishing you good health,regards