Fetal ultrasound showed bilateral hydro with enlarged right kidney with echogenic cortex - help?

Q: I am 20 weeks pregnant with a boy. All bloodwork and ultrasound until now was normal (including negative screens for trisomy 18/21 and negative nuchal translucency u/s). No history of any genetic diseases in family. This is my first pregnancy.

Yesterday at my anatomy ultrasound everything measured perfect except the kidneys. The report says "bilateral hydro. Enlarged right kidney with echogenic cortex. Perirenal fluid right." I was referred to a perinatologist but the appt isn't for two weeks.

Can anyone give me an idea of what kinds of issues this finding can signal? What is the likelihood of the baby having a life threatening or lifelong disease?

I have found a lot of reassuring information on bilateral hydronephrosis, but the enlarged right kidney with echogenic cortex concerns me - I am worrying about kidney failure or a genetic kidney disease or syndrome.

Symptoms:  Bilateral hydro, enlarged right kidney with echogenic cortex, perirenal fluid