Fever and cold doesn't go away.

Patient

Q: My wife is 29 year old. She is having fever since 20-25 days. For the first week fever does come and goes in afternoon (Temperature around 99.8).
Then after a week she started to feel cold (She was covered with almost 4-5 blanket but still she was feeling cold). Body temperature remains almost more than 100 or 102 and coughing too (Vomit sensation but no vomiting). Sometime body ache, abdominal pain, headache, muscle pain. Here also fever come and goes in afternoon and sometime in evening.
We went to doctor and they asked us to go for blood test. In report her hemoglobin was 7.5 and platelets were 157000. Doctor gave her paracetamol and some antibiotics through which the fever got disappeared for 6-8 hours but again the fever came back with cold.

We then went to another doctor and they diagnosed her with all the test like Malaria, dengue, typhoid, urine test, chest xray, sonography test, ECG, eco test of heart and another blood test.

All the test were negative but her platelets fall down by 65000. Doctor has started the treatment by giving her glucose bottle, Injection for antibiotics and vitamins and other medicines. In 1 or 2 days her platelets reaches above 1,00,000 and hemoglobin to 8.1.

But the fever doesn't go away with cold. She feels too much cold and temperature remains around 100 or more than that only. Since a week after giving the medicine like calpol tablet her fever goes away but come back once the medicines effect goes over. Doctor also unable to take the decision.

Could you please let me know what would be the reason of fever and cold which doesn't go away?

Waiting for your response.

Let me know if you require more information.

Doctor